At the tasting consultation we will be discussing the following so it’s a good idea to sit down together and have a think about this prior to the consultation:
- How many guests will be at the wedding?
- Do you want to keep the top tier?
- Do you need cake for the after party?
- Would you like cupcakes for your drinks reception?
- What style of cake do you like, tiered, separate tiers, sugarpaste, buttercream, naked or semi-naked finish?
- What vision do you have for your cake?
- Do you have a theme?
- Do you want to incorporate your individual personalities into your cake?
- Where to get inspiration from?
Swatches of material from bridesmaids dresses, your invitation, pictures of cakes on pinterest etc.
Decide on the value of your cake.
Having a handle on your budget and knowing what will affect it will allow you to prioritize your choices:
- single or multiple flavours
- fresh flowers (organic)
- silk flowers or sugar flowers
- sugarpaste or buttercream finish.
It is important to understand we only take one wedding order per wedding date so if you would like to book your date, first check availability and then pay your deposit to secure your date even if you have not fully decided upon your design/flavours. €150 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your wedding date https://cacawillis.ie/single_payment/.
Once all cake details are finalised the couple will receive a cake contract outlining all the terms and conditions.
On the wedding day itself the hotel’s wedding planner or another hotel representative will sign to accept responsibility for the cake once it is set up at the venue and will be provided with an Allergens listing for each tier of the cake.